Does my policy cover me to travel to another country with my car?

Provided your vehicle is registered in Cyprus, you can drive it in all countries member of the European Economic Area (EEA) with your insurance policy, without having any additional documentation (i.e. green card). In any case you have to notify your insurance company before leaving the country.


You can drive your car without a Green card at the following 34 countries:

The 28 Member States of the EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom


Plus: Andorra, Norway, Iceland, Serbia, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.


If you plan to travel abroad to any of the following countries, you will need to contact your insurance company in order to obtain necessary cover before leaving the country, known as a Green card:

Albania, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Israel, Islamic Republic of Iran, Morocco, Moldova, FYROM, Montenegro, Russia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine.


In any case, if you will be travelling, even if a Green Card is not required, you have the obligation to inform your insurance company before your departure.


Tags: accident, car, rental, request, risk, vehicle

Related entries:

Gan Direct

Copyright © 2012 Gan Direct, All Rights Reserved ®